Pod & Modular
FrameSpace offer Single Point Procurement and Single Point Responsibility for our Pods and modular units.
FrameSpace deliver thermally efficient modular buildings that satisfy BER ratings A1 to A3 depending on specification.We can design to match traditional appearances despite the novel nature of modular construction.A FrameSpace building delivers a quality architectural image with our almost unlimited façade system offerings.
The opportunities for use of modular construction need to be value engineered early in the decision-making process in order that all the factors below can be quantified and costed.We can design to match traditional appearances despite the novel nature of the new construction.
A FrameSpace building delivers a quality architectural image with our almost unlimited façade system offerings . There is less substructure works to support our lightweight systems. FrameSpace install innovative, cost effective foundation systems to support our modular systems.
Benefits of Modular Construction
Modular construction is faster primarily for these two reasons;
- Site preparation is carried out in parallel with factory production
- After installation, completion of external cladding is carried out in parallel with internal finishes
- Lower site overhead (Preliminaries cut)
- QualityManagement charges on site for much shorter periods
- Negligible waste, much lower filling and disposal costs
- Lower scaffold and temporary works costs
- Lower levels of theft from site
- Less traffic disruption and noise for shorter periods to local area
- Faster return on investment
- Sales and/or rent starts faster
- Higher quality control in factory conditions
- Client can inspect and snag units in factory before dispatch
- Fewer call backs
- Economies of scale lead to higher efficiencies
- Repetition leads to savings
- Better control leads to higher quality
- Work is not weather dependant
- Less waste
- Reduction of expensive site workers in completions.
- Fewer worker facilities required on site.
- Modular construction sites have proved to be significantly safer than traditional construction
- Factory controlled management systems while building the units
- Fewer men on site and much cleaner work areas overall
- Low weight
- Less costly foundations
- Less excavation on brown field sites
- Most useful for rooftop extensions of existing buildings
- Reduced professional fees
- Standardised design details for modular buildings simplify and reduce the need for specialist design input.
- Service modules can be used, even in traditional formed buildings